[TowerTalk] Coaxial Cable Question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coaxial Cable Question
From: Byron Tatum <bjtatum1@att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 10:07:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hello-
  I thought I would ask just to be sure. I brought home some NOS Belden RG-9A/U
coax, still on a 1000' reel. The reel was stored inside in a radio shop in Okla
City, and the wooden spool showed no signs of exposure. I really like to use
the double shielded cables when I can. However, this cable dielectric has a
very distinct yellowed appearance. The copper shields are nice and bright and
show no discoloration, and the (gray colored) jacket looks nice.
  Is this cable no good? I am thinking of installing connectors on it and
measuring the loss, as I have no instruments other than an MFJ-259B ant
analyzer.
Any comments on this subject appreciated, as I have saw a yellowing in the
dielectric of other cables.
        Thanks, Byron WA5THJ