[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Question

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Question
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:16:26 -0400

I have a Yaesu 1000 DXA rotor on the tower. It is in a NORTH centered configuration. Recently, I have noticed that when I am rotating the antennas to the southeast (anything south of east for all practical purposes) the rotor 'springs back' or backtracks after I have let off the rotational control button...sometimes as much as 20 degrees of rotation. It is almost as if there is a SPRING or something pulling back the antenna. Anyone ever have this happen, and if so what was or is there a fix? Thanks for eading. - Mike