Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 08:56:57 -0500
As long as you use at least 40% silver, silver solder will last about as
long as the base copper when buried.

Less than 40% and it will deteriate quickly in most soils.

We use 15% silver SilPhoz alloy that is produced under several names...
StaySilv is one that comes to mind.  It is a copper/phosphorus/silver alloy
that will last as long as the base copper and is much cheaper than silver
solder.  Not to mention that silphoz requires very little prep work.

Common brazing rods will work but are harder to work with and require more
prep work.

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT
kkidd@kkbc.com  --  866-22-RADIO -- 866-227-2346