[TowerTalk] Fwd: Bad pictures

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bad pictures
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:19:00 -0400 (EDT)
Joe,

We wish is was that simple. The are different ways to generate these e-mail.
Yes, you can "guess" and use the password but there are also "hacks" that can
an account available without using the password, you bypass the password
routine. You can also manipulate the e-mail you are sending so it appears to be
somebody else's e-mail. I think that's what is used here.

You can get hold of somebody's contact list with hacks I don't know about but
know exist.

Almost the same way we like and are fascinated by our radio hobby these hackers
are (probably) fascinated by "breaking in" on various web sites. I am afraid
these things will not go away as will not the radio hams.

i hope I didn't take up too  much time as this really is not a tower issue.

Hans - N2JFS