Re: [TowerTalk] 1. Ferrite, 2. Polyphasers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 1. Ferrite, 2. Polyphasers
From: Rik van Riel <riel@surriel.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 19:45:35 -0400
On 05/06/2014 03:05 PM, Dan Atchison via TowerTalk wrote:
> Two questions for the group.
>
> 1.  I'm making RF chokes out of 2.4" ferrite cores, mix 43 and mix 31
> material.  Is there a maximum limit to the amount of ferrite I should use?

Yes, the frequency at which the choke works best changes
with inductance. G3TXQ has a nice page on that:

http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/chokes/

> 2.  Are there any advantages to using more than 1 Polyphaser in a feedline?

I suppose the second one can take the strike if the first one
fails? :)

I have two protection devices on most of my feed lines, but
to be honest I am not sure whether or not it makes any sense
to do that, and am interested in advice...

--
All rights reversed.