Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Layout Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Layout Problem
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 04:00:27 -0400
I would bring them in with the shortest run of coax, tie the #2 to your
ground at entrance for the lowest feedline loss and use low loss feedline
(also helps with noise pick up ? remember ?snake antennas??).  Then if you
want to enhance RF ground, add 2 ? 180 deg opposite ¼ wave ground wires at
the grounding stake of the control box for each band of interest.  I use
mine on 20 ? 160M and have 2 radials for each.

If you have terminating resistors for directivity, you should consider the
grnd radials on the end point grnd stakes as well.

Ed  N1UR