Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base/Ufer ground

To: Mike Reublin NF4L <nf4l@comcast.net>, David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base/Ufer ground
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 08:19:15 -0700

I agree that the culvert would make a great ground ... better than a Ufer as long as it lasted, at least. If the ground water level is that high, though, I'd probably worry about the culvert eventually rusting out. Rebar is cheap enough in comparison to the cost of that much concrete that I think I'd drop a few 10' long sticks into the pour for a Ufer anyway. Just connect them to the tower legs as if the culvert wasn't there. Cheap insurance, in my opinion.

73,
Dave   AB7E