Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety harness

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety harness
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 06:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
Rick,

First and foremost, do NOT buy used climbing gear! Your life depends upon it.
View the purchase of new gear as an inexpensive life insurance policy. You do
not know the incident or storage and care history with used gear. The few bucks
you may save aren't worth the risk.

I would recommend a local supplier for the harness. You need to make sure it
properly fits you and some mail order locations won't take a return on safety
gear. Wear the clothes you normally wear when you do the work. A harness may
not fit when you are bundled up for winter if you size it while wearing summer
attire. The reverse is true as well. (Take measurements with your clothes on
for sizing if you do purchase via mail order.)

There are many internet suppliers for the remaining gear or you can go with
your local supplier. I use both. Besides querying for safety gear, you can find
the gear from many sling and or industrial suppliers as well.

73 es be safe,
Jim W5QM