Re: [TowerTalk] Suggestions for antennas for a Caribbean contesting stat

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Suggestions for antennas for a Caribbean contesting station
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 16:13:59 -0600
Rust and corrosion are going to be your problems. I think I was able to watch my tools rust in the salt air next to the ocean at V47M.

In two years non SS hardware was effectively welded together.

We used a hex beam at J6M and I was quite impressed. Small size, fairly simple to build and maintain. Keeping out the salt and water from your feedlines is a must too.

Which Island? One of the PJ's? They are about the only ones out of the hurricane zone.

Mike W0MU