Re: [TowerTalk] Site Elevation and TOA

To: K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com, jlangdon1@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Site Elevation and TOA
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 15:19:47 -0700

On 6/18/2014 5:35 PM, K7LXC--- via TowerTalk wrote:
     Aren't we all? Hi. W7RM, a pioneering multi, multi  contest station (on
a bluff above NaClH2O) claimed the saltwater was worth 10  dB. Know what?
He's probably right. It's like magic. That's why many of those  Caribbean
stations are loud.

One thing that I always wondered about with W7RM is whether
his verticals on the beach (which he used for receive
only) would have made killer transmit antennas.  It seems
to me that the salt water would make a lot more difference
with vertical polarization.

Rick N6RK