Re: [TowerTalk] trap antennae

To: Edwin Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] trap antennae
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:51:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I had three of those Hy-Gain 244 "Hy-Quad" tri-band quads over the years. I
always had excellent results with them, and it was so convenient to have the
three bands all on one feedline. It seemed like there were a million parts to
put one together, with all of the three gamma match assemblies and insulators,
but the performance always justified the long, tedious assembly. I later went
to a 6-band Lightning Bolt Quad (20/17/15/12/10 and 6-Meters), all with
separate feedlines through a remote coax switch. I was very happy with its
performance, too. Now at my current home, all I have is a Butternut HF9V
multiband vertical antenna, which works okay for what it is. But someday, a
quad is going up again (as soon as I can find a tower.)

LJ