Re: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser failure mode

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser failure mode
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 19:38:57 +0000

>   As it turns out, I had a flashover in an N-to-PL-259
> connection

Pete,
Are you saying the Polyphaser is still ok?  That the low R was caused by a path
within the adapter?
Interesting.

So we don't actually know if the gas tube fired or not then, do we?  Because
maybe most or all the energy went to ground through the N-PL250 adapter before
it got to the place where the arrestor was mounted.  I'm assuming the adapter
was out by the tower and the Polyphaser was near the entrance to the shack.

Rick  k2XT