Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for Purchasing a short 2 Element 40 Mete

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w3yy@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for Purchasing a short 2 Element 40 Meter
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 11:41:34 -0400 (EDT)
>  I haven't seen anyone  mention the Force 12 Magnum 240N.  I have one and
it's
been great.   Covers the whole 40-meter band with good SWR and gain.  It's
good enough  to have given me a 1st place USA finish in a CQ WW 40-meter
single-band  category many years ago.  Has lasted 10 years at 120ft without
needing  any repair work.

    If this is one of their linear loaded designs, I'd  pass. I've
installed lots of 40M beams and I've never had anyone tell me that  their LL
F12
antenna was a great antenna. I was never impressed with their  performance.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC