[TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: "Tony Rogozinski" <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 13:54:29 -0400

I want to put up a Zero-Five 43 foot vertical on the roof of the apartment
building where I live here in Colombia.  I'm on the top floor - only 6
floors - and will obviously use elevated radials.  The question is:

Would it be better to mount the antenna say 3 or 4 feet above the highest
part of the building ie the stairwell to the roof or use a pipe and raise
it to perhaps 20 feet above that level?

Raising it of course would put the antenna and radials much higher above the
building structure and all the rebar/other metal in the structure and in
my mind would be the best alternative.........but????

It has also been suggested to use insulated wire for the radials - why?

Thanks for any comments.

               Tony  W4OI/HK1AR
            Licenses Previously Held:
    N7BG, K5LMJ, W7HZF,  WA6BOU, W6JPC, K4KES
     F7BK, VQ9AR, VP5AR, 9G5AR, TY5AR, CN2BG
       HK0/HK1AR, 5V7BG, TU/N7BG, OJ0/N7BG
       5B4/N7BG, ZC4/N7BG, ZF2AR, HB9/N7BG
                   and others
     Founding Member of VooDude Contest Group
         Member of Florida Contest Group
      Member Central Arizona DX Association
          Referee WRTC 2000, 2002, 2006
         I've been to 103 DXCC Countries