Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Top Bearing Plate for 55G vs Rotor Plate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Top Bearing Plate for 55G vs Rotor Plate
From: "Don " <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:15:08 -0700
THAT is a good idea, the UHMW bored block. Zerk fittings and the plain old typical steel inlanders use go quickly here. Living on the OR coast next to the ocean you learn quickly that putting antennas together and mounting them requires 'different' approaches to keeping them in a low maintenance mode.

I also use the Lear compound, CorrosionBlock, on anything that turns, slides, screws or moves. Won't wash out and has no metals, RF neutral. Put onto this by the fleet folks up in Newport who apply it to all their electrical connections, AC, DC and RF. I've easily taken elements apart where the salt spray has literally 'grown' on the element exterior. It is lightly colored so it is easy to see where you are putting it. See http://www.learchem.com/userfiles/Industrial%20Strength%20Protection.pdf for some information.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: Grant Saviers