[TowerTalk] Rohn 55G Guy Brackets Questions

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55G Guy Brackets Questions
From: Byron Tatum <bjtatum1@att.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 06:23:59 -0700
Hello-
  I am putting up a 55G guyed tower using 3 of the GB-55G guy brackets. I will
be using 5/16" guy wire at all 3 levels. My questions are these:
    1. I have the TB-55 torque arms and am considering using them, and I
realize I will need to use a shackle to attach the 7/16" thimble to the torque
arm hole. Rohn states in their latest catalog to use a 3/8" shackle for this. I
looked up the 3/8" Crosby G-209 specs and the working load is 1 ton. I believe
they are proofed to double the working load, and the ultimate strength is rated
at around 5 times the working load. It appears to me this shackle is not quite
matched to the ratings of the 5/16" EHS guy wire. I have not determined the
hole size in the TB-55 arm to see the largest size shackle that will fit. Any
suggestions on this?
   2. I saw this information in an authorized Rohn dealers online catalog and
it has further confused me. Quoted below:
       ROHN TB55D Torque Bar Option for the GA55GD Guy Attachment
One Bar per Order. Three Bars would complete 3-way down guy. Modifies a GA55GD
into a Torque Stabilizer Assembly that could be installed at existing Guy
attachments on any horizontal brace as opposed to tower section joints. This
Item will also require the 3/8 inch shackles to complete the upgrade. This
Anti-twist device would be located in the area of the Microwave or other
Focused Beam antennas to provide resistance to torque. Use only 3/16 inch
Strand for down guy to this attachment!

ROHN TB55D is an upgrade attachment option for the GA55GD, when completed with
3/8" shackles. for a complete Torque Arm Stabilizer assembly, refer to the
R-TA55, also sold here. American Steel... Buy ROHN, Buy American.

  Can someone help clear up this confusion for me please?
     Thank you, Byron WA5THJ