Re: [TowerTalk] Foundation pad removal

To: towertalk@contesting.com, marvs@att.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Foundation pad removal
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:34:41 -0400 (EDT)
>  I have a related question.   Can I use an  concrete existing base with a
different set of anchor bolts?  I would like  to upgrade my T-base to one
with tilt over attach points.  Is it possible  to remove a boly and epoxy in
new ones?

    You bet. It's been covered many times. Use a hand  grinder to chop the
old bolts off. Rent a roto hammer with hollow, diamond  tipped drill bits.
Drill the holes. Put construction epoxy in the hole (it's  stronger than the
concrete), put the new bolts in the hole and Bob's your  uncle.

    Use a jig or something to hold the new bolts in  place as they cure and
you'll be all set.

Cheers & GL,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs