Re: [TowerTalk] Boom End Caps??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom End Caps??
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:46:31 -0400
It might be a good idea if you plan to seal the ends up with a cap to put a very small hole at the bottom of that cap to allow moisture to run out. Not a hole large enough for critters to enter, but to allow water out. In cold climate areas this may prevent the boom from freezing and then splitting. Anything like a boom with even the tightest fitting joints will take on water....you don't want that to build up and detune the antenna, make it heavier, or potentially freeze. - Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Patrick Greenlee