Re: [TowerTalk] short survey

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] short survey
From: "Earl Morse" <kz8e@wt.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:33:42 -0700

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:54:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] short survey

My wife wants to know how may of us are still climbing our own tower
after age 68. If you don't any longer, please tell when you stopped.
(Now I gave my age away)

Best 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS

------------------------------

Hans,

Regardless of age, thats a personal assessment that each of us has to make.

Age, health, mental state, and physical fitness are all parts of that decision.

I am only 51 but didn't dare climb my tower after I experienced seizures.  I
wasn't allowed to drive either for that matter.  Now that the health issue is
fixed up I am back to climbing when I need to and after being gone a couple of
years, I need to get my antennas fixed back up.

People forget that you expend the same amount of energy taking the stairs on a
10 story building as you do climbing a 100 ft tower.  If you can't physically
walk up the fire stairs on a 10 story building then you probably shouldn't be
climbing your tower.

Earl
N8SS