[TowerTalk] Guy anchors in shallow soil

To: "'Linux Mercedes'" <linuxmercedes@gmail.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors in shallow soil
From: "Palmer C Byrne" <w7nmd@twinlakes-ar.us>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 11:34:45 -0500
I have a 50' Roan 25G  tilt over tower that I installed using 8" MILSPEC
Anchors. http://milspecanchors.com . Pull out resistance is 9,000 pounds in
hard pan soil. They will drive through or around granite and sandstone rocks
which are common in northern Arkansas. Using an electric jack hammer took
less than 2 minutes to drive each anchor.   You can use the same tool to
drive your ground rods while you are at it.

Regards

Palmer W7NMD

Mountain Home, AR

Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:27:44 -0500