Re: [TowerTalk] Use a TRI-EX Base for a US Tower Antenna?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Use a TRI-EX Base for a US Tower Antenna?
From: Edwin Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:26:16 -0500
I'm not sure I would trust tied all thread solely in a situation like this.

Better drill holes, use galvanized iron rods and epoxy to connect to the base. Use the regular base for the tower, with the rods holding in place. Have you checked
the overturn moment one to the other?
Is the base reinforced?

Good luck, we're all counting on you ...!

73

ed K0KL