[TowerTalk] Beware Stainless Steel Corrosion and reminder on efficient c

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beware Stainless Steel Corrosion and reminder on efficient communication.
From: "Kirby Hallenbeck" <1sailorman@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:21:48 -0700
>We inspect our safety climbs and I will only use stainless steel.

>73 Dave n4zkf

Sailors have long known about and been wary of stainless steel corrosion.
Reader's discussion Safety Wire lines may be interested in this brief
article. The primary issue is unless the Stainless Safety line is oxygen,
the oxide layer that protects it is not maintained and corrosion can begin.
This is especially true at wire terminals and where the wire is covered.
Plastic coatings of wire is disallowed on ocean racing boat life lines, as
it can not be inspected. Bare wire is better.

Note that only the relevant sentence being responded to is replicated in
this response. Reading the entire digest for three days looking for the
actual response is a waste of everyone's time. I have read "the slickest
thing" and other repeated paragraphs at least six times just this morning,
originally published three days ago. Since hams pride themselves on
efficient communication on CW and other modes, let's please apply those
principles to our replies on EMAIL. Select and Delete are our friends.

The Subject has also been change based on prior request from Scott W3TX to
this list to respect the family and friends of a fallen comrade.

http://www.cruisingworld.com/how/beware-stainless-steel-corrosion

Kirby - AF6OP