[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Controller Anomaly

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Controller Anomaly
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 17:01:45 -0400
All:

A peculiar thing happened with my Yaesu 2800 rotor controller today. The rotor kept returning to it's preset position after turning it either clockwise or counter clockwise. It also moved very slowly.

My first thought was that the preset circuit must be bad, but then I noticed that the problem went away when I pulled on the preset button. It turned out that the button itself was jammed. Tapping on it a few times allowed it to return to it's normal position.

I noticed what appeared to be a tiny piece of plastic which could have worked it's way into the button causing it to jam. Might be a fluke, but thought I'd pass it on.

Tony -K2MO