Re: [TowerTalk] simple station design

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] simple station design
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:00:06 +0000
For my so2r position I have gone to a touch screen with greenheron software
controlling a greenheron wireless base and remote modules for all the
switches(7) and greenheron rotors(9) for all the rotors.  I switched to
arraysolutions band decoders and filters, but am still using the old sixpak
switch with an rcs-8v add-on for warc band selection.  Just one specific
recommendation, get a BIG touch screen, mine is a planar 22" one, this lets
you make the buttons big enough to hit easily.  I tried a couple tablets and
was not happy with the ease of reading or use.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net