Re: [TowerTalk] Station Ground

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station Ground
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 15:10:47 -0700
On 10/19/14, 2:49 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

Excellent..
And you do point out when you might want short, large conductors: for minimization of hum / line frequency interference, because that's a "resistance is dominant" application.

I do wonder,though, whether "circuit diagram" is a bigger effect in most situations than "resistance of bonding jumper". The resistance of the 75 feet of #14 or #12 greenwire ground to the receptacle on the other side of the room is going to dominate the 3 feet of AWG whatever connecting the rig to the next box.

I love the idea of ganging multiple (metal) boxes together to provide a single power feed point.