Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs clamps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs clamps
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:21:47 -0500
I use a copper based joint compound and I am also not worried about
corrosion.  I have a lot of ground rods spread 50+ feet out from my towers
and my clamps are buried. It would be a major trip / lawnmower hazard if
they stuck up out of the ground. I suppose that you could have the
connection below the ground using one of those plumbing enclosures however
I have never seen a joint loosen.

John KK9A