Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550 won't go down.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550 won't go down.
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:39:53 -0700
On 10/25/14, 8:56 AM, Bill Straw via TowerTalk wrote:
I just can't get a break on my new tower installation!

Brand new set up, MA-550 with the RMC-1000 remote and the RMC-1000
box on the tower factory installed.

First time out, I put it up remotely about 5 feet just to see it go up :)
Then remotely I flipped the switch down and nothing happens.

The relay timers are both set at 1 second. My remote control wiring
has been checked.

The only discrepency is when the remote switch is flipped to go down,
the "full-up relay" light comes on, even though it is just up 5 feet.

Time to get out the ohmmeter...

Are all the switches (and limit switches) wired and functioning correctly?

A typical scheme for up/down has the "full up" limit switch (which is NC, and goes open when you get to the limit) in series with the "up" switch, and vice versa for down.

If the NO/NC is incorrect, or the UP limit switch is in series with the DOWN motor control, you'd get weird behavior.

Have you checked the limit switches to see that they work? Do they physically actuate at the appropriate mechanical position (mounting bolts can slip)?