Re: [TowerTalk] My hole is angled. :(

To: David Gallatin <kc9eev@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My hole is angled. :(
From: Mickey Baker <n4mb@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 11:48:36 -0400
A 10 degree slope is a fairly aggressive slope. In the 3' width of the pad,
you'll have about 6" of drop in terrain.

Try to end up with as much or more base than in your base requirement. For
example, one solution would be to dig 6" deeper, have the specified above
ground "curb" at the high side, and a "curb" that is the specified relief
plus 6 inches on the low side... the aim is that the low side be deep
enough to provide the base dimensions in contact with the soil in the
original plan - or more!

Any doubt - hire an engineer. Good insurance.

73,

Mickey N4MB