[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: 4:1 balun questions KT-34XA

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: 4:1 balun questions KT-34XA
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:22:22 -0400
Maybe I remember the length wrong. I am not at my shack right now. I do
remember using 25 feet of coax. Do to the capacitive coupling between the
turns, the Z goes down for higher frequencies.

In order to improve the higher frequency response I separated the turns
slightly in one end of the coil, thereby reducing the capacitance between the
turns.

I, originally, was intending to wind several coils for the different bands but
found this coil to cover it all.

Hans - N2JFS