[TowerTalk] Shock loaded Alpha-spid rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shock loaded Alpha-spid rotor
From: Nand Kishore <vu2nks@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:39:11 +0530
Hi All,
I have an Alpha-spid rotor on a tubular telescoping tower,
manually cranked up,moving a 3El.Steppir.

Last week-end,while I was cranking up the tower after
replacing 80m dipole,near the end of up travel,the
wire rope snapped.
The antenna dropped about 15 feet,very quickly and came
to a rest about 12 feet above the cranker(my 17YO son) and
self.
Antenna status--Boom bent,will be replaced.
Rotor brought into the shack.Tried to operate the
motor by giving 12VDC to terminal 1 and 2.
Nothing rotates and motor makes a faint motor-boating
kind of sound.
I have written to alpha-spid.canada.Waiting for a reply.

Posting here for advice.

73,Nandu
      VU2NKS