[TowerTalk] Take off angle of yagi vs a wire antenna at about 30'

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Take off angle of yagi vs a wire antenna at about 30'
From: David Gallatin via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 13:26:31 +0000 (UTC)
Hello group and once again I thank everyone who helped with my previous post
about the concrete.

My set up: Mosley TA 33 JR tri-bander that will be at about 31 feet. The
question:  I've been debating ways to get at 40-80 meters. I have a very small
lot so cant run the usual wire suspects and was thinking about making a mag
loop.

But I've also thought about an end fed Chameleon or 33' Ultimax at about 28
feet as I do have room to run one of those horizontal to a tree. These are
multi-banded antennas but I've never given considered using them on 20,15,10 of
course.

 But then a thought occurred to me. Might the take off angles of the wire
antenna be different enough as to be beneficial for transmitting on those bands
and hitting different spots of the globe that the Mosley is skipping over?
 73,
David, AA9G

ex W5DCG and KC9EEV