Re: [TowerTalk] RMC-1000 remote - what type of cable to run?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RMC-1000 remote - what type of cable to run?
From: Howard W6HDG <W6HDG@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 11:47:19 -0800
Ray,
I just joined the list today so hope I am responding properly. Thanks for the pics. Are your MARB and MAF parts from 40 years ago as well? They look brand new. Very nice job on your base.

I'm in Poway north of San Diego. It has been less than 2 months since our new antenna ordinance has gone into effect - see page 81 in Nov QST. This will be my very first tower.

I have power nearby. I'll attach a pic of my base and see if it gets to the group. This was from last week before the forms got removed. US Tower wants the steel template to stay put for 24 hours after the pour, so you can see the elevated frame which allowed the concrete to be troweled smooth underneath.

Two questions for you - are you going to put non-shrink grout under the base as US Tower suggests? And how do you keep the exposed base threads from rusting? Mine are already starting.

Howard W6HDG