Re: [TowerTalk] And we talk about free climbing !

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] And we talk about free climbing !
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 20:40:41 -0500
It might have been a couple years back, but there were a series of free climbing photos posted on here. I remember on was 3 or 4 young guys...maybe early 20s and I'd guess it was in the UK. They had jackets/blazers and sweaters under them. They were on a power line under construction. One had climbed to the bottom of an insulator which was as tall or taller than he was. The photo also showed a rural, hilly area. Those towers were big!

It was a whole series, including the Empire State Bldg, Golden Gate bridge, the power line, and others IIRC. Some of them would have been a rather high pucker factor even with today's climbing gear. These guys didn't even have a rope. Just proof, that Darwin's theory also includes the lucky!<:-))

Wish I could find them.  I'd save them this time!

73

Roger (K8RI)