Re: [TowerTalk] Best Balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best Balun
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 22:55:58 -0600
Like these?

http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-ecls-200

They have other sizes available.

On 11/26/2014 10:30 PM, Wayne Kline wrote:
Another neat trick with a torrid wound  balun.
I weld a #10-32 1/2 machine screw to a 2" all stainless hose clamp jus 1" past the end of the tightening slots. I then drill a hole in the 4" dead center in the bottom of the NEMA Box/ insert the threaded 10/32 machine screw in the hole DEAD center of the wound torid Instant mounting all my boom are 2" but can install what ever size clam you need . Wayne Ps
   4 yrs ago I had a wind milling antenna... the coax STRECHED  RG-213  ...
ripping the  brad and stretching  the insulation rg8X size  never tor the
center conductor.
the W2FMI build torrid stayed attached to the boom by the #10 machine screw ..

Gary K9GS

Greater Milwaukee DX Association: http://www.gmdxa.org
Society of Midwest Contesters: http://www.w9smc.com
CW Ops #1032   http://www.cwops.org