Re: [TowerTalk] 160 antenna revisited

To: john nistico <electric911inc@hotmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 antenna revisited
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 19:38:46 -0800
On 12/8/2014 6:50 PM, john nistico wrote:
I do not do the ARRL 160 contest but
I did it this year. I ran an inverted v at 150 ft apex and a 1/4 wave vertical.
Both put out well however the v seemed to hear better.Between the 2 I managed
to break the NLI record held by W2CWW. So I think for cq160 I will do the same
and add a coax rx loop. Any other ideas?

My experience is that low dipoles or inverted vees normally receive
better than my transmit vertical.  The vertical is way
better on transmit.  YMMV.  I am going to try a low dipole
on receive for SP.

Congrats on your high score but I still missed NLI this
year :-)

Rick N6RK