Re: [TowerTalk] An alternate yagi feed method

To: "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] An alternate yagi feed method
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 22:56:49 -0600
I had a TA33 up several years ago. With that strap grounding half of the
driven element it had a nice broad SWR on each band but it had two resonant
points! One was near where you would expect and the other was below the
band. They did recommend using the coaxial choke. Taking the ground strap
off gave a narrower and well defined SWR curve. I think that their intent
was to try and make the antenna broad banded (it met their SWR spec).
I called the factory and they acted as if they didn't know what I was
talking about. I left the ground strap off.

73
Gary  K4FMX