[TowerTalk] Adding 160 to an 80M dipole?

To: "YCCC Mail" <yccc@yccc.org>, "Ham - Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Adding 160 to an 80M dipole?
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:16:53 -0500
Hi all,

The ARRL 160 contest got me interested in 160.  I would like to add loading
coils and additional wire to my 80M dipole at my QTH in Maine to see how that
might fly.  (It would make it an 80/160 dipole.)  Yes – it won’t fly very well,
and be narrow band, but it will be easy to do and better than nothing.  I have
looked in the ARRL Antenna Book and Low Band DXing and have found little of
help.  I do have one article from July 1992 QST by W8NX that looks to be
helpful.

Any ideas or pointers to how this might be accomplished?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ