Re: [TowerTalk] : Nube rebar question

To: "'Kelly Taylor'" <ve4xt@mymts.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] : Nube rebar question
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:42:38 -0500
Kelly,

I can't say how a pier pin is supposed to work, whether it should allow
twisting or not.  In my case, the rotor is down at 66 ft. and I have torque
guys at the rotor and also at the 100 ft. level to prevent twist.  The top
20 ft. of the tower rotates.
But certainly, if the base was imbedded in concrete, it wouldn't be allowed
to twist.

Jim - KR9U