Re: [TowerTalk] 450 ohm feedline and coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 450 ohm feedline and coax
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:22:00 -0600
Try to pas by any nearby conductive objects at or as near as possible to a right angle to help minimize coupling.

Patrick  NJ5G
On 12/23/2014 1:12 PM, Ken wrote:
You are right, Jim, wider spacing is REQUIRED.   From the ARRL Antenna Book:

“The line should be kept away from other conductors including downspouts, metal window
frames, flashing, etc. by a distance of two to three times the line spacing.”

Ken WA8JXM