[TowerTalk] Inverted V Vertical endfire

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inverted V Vertical endfire
From: Matt Brosious via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 17:38:48 +0000 (UTC)
A friend of mine suggested reconfiguring my inverted V on 80 meters for dx
performance. I'm working with a model for the inverted V with the legs at 45
and 1' off the ground at the ends (.707 x f to determine apex). The antenna
shows low angle endfire gain in the vertical axis and high angle broadside.
Has anyone played with this configration?
I'm interested in the extent ground losses would offset the vertical
performance. Also considering using two of these as a colinear array.
I can share the NEC model for those that are interested.
Thanks
Matt W1MBB