Re: [TowerTalk] Tuner SWR won't stay down

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tuner SWR won't stay down
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 16:15:44 -0800
Hi Roger.

Yes, I did try that. I disconnected the torroid from the circuit. I think it is something getting hot but just can't feel anything that gets overly warm inside. It does drift faster at high power than at low power. I also connected the input coax connector directly to the capacitor and the output coax jack to the other cap.

I thought it might be the coil getting hot, but it is not even getting warm. May end up scrapping it and just using the parts to build something else. It is a real puzzler. Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY