Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: RF Ground is a Myth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: RF Ground is a Myth
From: Stephen Lee <gwy4ever@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:54:06 -0800
Yes, as an unwitting 9-year old under the supervision of my mother, I did perform that experiment way back in the summer of 1958. Much was learned: a) my being was electrically conductive , b) bare concrete floors also conduct electricity, and c) sadly, mom was not as all-knowing as I had heretofore imagined. Vacuuming my room, had finished then removed the plug from the outlet. That's when one of the two prongs pulled out of the plug and remained seated in the outlet. Mom said it wouldn't hurt me, to just pull it out. Upon completing the path between the energized prong and ground (concrete floor), I vividly recall being stuck there for several seconds. In hindsight I suppose mom had a 50% probability of being correct (US house wiring).

Stephen Lee,  N7RV