Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: RF Ground is a Myth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: RF Ground is a Myth
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:59:52 -0500
On 1/21/2015 1:51 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:

"I think" it's probably for the area, and dividing the current.

73

Roger (K8RI)

What is the purpose of grounding each tower leg? I have not done this. My
towers have tapered pier pin bases and I have lines of ground rods
connected to two legs. Even with a straight base I find it hard to believe
that connecting one leg to a fantastic ground system would be
insufficient.

John KK9A