Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection - length of grounding rodsruns from

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection - length of grounding rodsruns from tower?
From: "Bill Winkis \(kc4pe" <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:13:52 -0500
I use the "Delta Loop" grounding system, with triangle spacing of 9 feet and
some with 18 feet. I dope the rods every quarter.
Have been hit a dozen times but nothing ever got in the shack.
Once during a heavy storm I had a passerby call the Police said my tower was
on fire....it was just the "spider balls discharging as the tower build up
energy.

-Bill ... KC4PE