Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 13:15:38 -0600
Patrick,

I would suggest you try it.  My guess is that it will work better if above the
fence than in the midst of the fence, like an above ground beverage probably
works better than a BOG.  Without any knowledge of what might be the best, I
would put it up several feet above the fence and establish a separate ground
connection at either end instead of using the fence as a part of either one.
The good thing, if the direction is of value, is that it isn't as visible as
one in the clear.

In 1980 I put up a Beverage a couple feet above a barbed wire fence.  It worked
OK, although it was due North so not the most usable direction.  I don't
remember having the impression that it was as good as others which were in the
clear, however.  Not going for the root beer float - just saying that I still
have some memory from 35 years ago :-)

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad