Re: [TowerTalk] New Proposed Texas Tower Regulation

To: "'L L bahr '" <pulsarxp@embarqmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Proposed Texas Tower Regulation
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 13:17:39 -0500
TT:

     First of all, I am not a lawyer, so Caveat Amateur.  I found a definition
of "curtilage" at http://thelawdictionary.org/curtilage/ .  To my reading, it
seems that the proposed Texas statute specifically exempts towers that are
within the curtilage of a residence, including pasture or grazing lands.
Again, to my reading, most Ham towers with which I am familiar would not fall
under the regulations of the statute.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F