Re: [TowerTalk] rg-59 manufacturer

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rg-59 manufacturer
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 20:12:00 -0500
This sounds like video cable, not RF cable. Probably has copper braid shield and solid dielectric. For many baseband video applications (generally rated for 6 MHZ), the characteristic impedance would not be an overriding concern. But video cable made by Belden, Alpha, Commscope, or other well known manufacturers would be close to 75 ohms.

-Steve K8LX