[TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589
From: jdlambrightatty@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:35:36 -0600
I have a motorized raising fixture for my US Tower HDX-589MDPL , and just last
week I successfully raised it to the vertical position for the first time.
Everything went very smoothly and effortlessly with the 1 HP motor and 50:1
ratio Hub City worm gear drive. Raising takes about 4 minutes. I haven't
installed my antennas, rotator etc. yet.

My question is what is the best way to get the tower moving from the vertical
position when I want to lower it to horizontal again? It weighs about 2,500 lbs
and is sitting very plumb on its base. Of course once it's leaned a bit,  the
motorized fixture will easily lower it. There's no way you can just push it
even with some slack in the aircraft cable.

I suspect someone on the list has a simple solution.

J D Lambright
Montgomery County Attorney
936-539-7930

Sent from my iPhone