Re: [TowerTalk] modeling compare: 80M, 2EL vs 4SQ

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] modeling compare: 80M, 2EL vs 4SQ
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:03:00 -0400
I think both John's and Gary's commemnts square with the series on radials that was on NCJ a few years ago. The message I took away from those articles is that if your actual ground characteristics are good, the improvement with radials, no matter how many, will be quite limited, while if your ground isn't good to start with, radials can make a lot of difference in the pattern, especially at low angles.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.