Re: [TowerTalk] A Capacitively Fed 102 Degree Vertical for 160Meters

To: af4k@hotmail.com, tedc@nucleus.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A Capacitively Fed 102 Degree Vertical for 160Meters
From: "tedc@nucleus.com" <tedc@nucleus.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:28:34 -0600
I'm looking at a tower that is 137 ft. high and 12
inches on a face.  Alowing for shortening due to the
length diameter ratio, ths is an electrical 102
degrees on 160. The series capacitane required yo
effectively resonate the tower will be somewhere
between 900 and 2500 pfd. dependent on frequency.
The radiation resistance of the tower with a good
radial system should be somewhere between 47 snd 56
ohms when tuned giving an almost flat responce across
the band. A monimatch located just before the
Capacitor with the appropriate motor driver circuitry
will automatically adjust the capacitor for the best
match.  My design is for a single tower but should
also work for a four square with the appropriate
phasing box.  I am also concidering raising the tower
base and using elevated radials as an option.  I
thought of using a similar set up for 80 Meters only
making the tower height Five Eighth Wavelength instead.

Ted VE6AMR